Ting Su is a Professor of Software Engineering Institute, East China Normal University, China (2020-). Previously, he was a postdoctoral scholar at ETH Zurich, Switzerland (2019-2020), in the group of Prof. Zhendong Su. He got his Ph.D in computer science from East China Normal University (ECNU), Shanghai, China (2011-2016), and was surpervised by Prof. Jifeng He and Prof. Geguang Pu.
He also had one-year visit in University of California, Davis (UCD), USA (2014-2015), and was advised by Prof. Zhendong Su.
He worked as a postdoctoral research fellow with Prof. Yang Liu in Cyber Security Lab (CSL), NTU, Singapore (2016-2019).
He also worked as a software engineer in Synopsys, and a research scientist in Rolls-Royce@NTU Research Lab (2016-2017). He is a recipient of National Youth Talent Award in China.
His research focuses on developing effective methodologies, techniques and tools to improve software quality, reliability and security.
His research work received generous support from Chinese NSF, Swiss NSF, Google, ByteDance, Ant Financial, NTUitive Gap Fund, and won 3 ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Awards (ICSE 2018, ASE 2018, ASE 2019), 1 Google Faculty Research Award (2019-2020), 1 Best Research Prototype Tool Award (NASAC 2017, First Place), and 1 Golden Medal of ACM Student Research Competition (ICSE 2016, First Place).
His research on symbolic execution has led to SmartRocket Unit,
a commercial automated unit testing tool, which is serving many companies in China for testing industrial embedded software;
his continuous research on mobile app analysis and fuzzing has led to several tools and dataset (Stoat
Genie) and some techniques have been
adopted by ByteDance's FastBot fuzzing engine (more info).
I am always looking for well-motivated Postdoc, PhD, Master and Undergraduate students to join our research group. If interested, please feel free to drop me an email attached with your CV.
- June 2022: I was invited to serve as PC member for ESEC/FSE 2023 (Research Track).
- June 2022: One paper "Detecting Non-crashing Functional Bugs in Android Apps via Deep-State Differential Analysis" was accepted to ESEC/FSE 2022!
- April 2022: One paper "Detecting and Fixing Data Loss Issues in Android Apps" was accepted to ISSTA 2022!
- Jan 2022: I will serve as PC Co-chair for PRDC 2022 (27th IEEE Pacific Rim International Symposium on Dependable Computing).
- Oct 2021: Our team received a research funding from CCF-Ant Financial on validating the correctness of program analyzers.
- Oct 2021: Our team received the CCF Science and Technology Award (面向工业领域的软件形式化建模与自动化测试关键技术及工具国产化应用)! more info
- Sep 2021: Our work on fully automated functional fuzzing of Android apps was accepted by SPLASH/OOPSLA 2021!
- July 2021: Thanks for the generous funding support from ByteDance to support our research on automated functional fuzzing of mobile apps!
- May 2021: Congrats to Jingling Sun for winning the second place of student research competition@ICSE 2021.
- May 2021: Please considering submitting your work to A-Mobile 2021 (4th International Workshop on Advances in Mobile App Analysis), co-located with ASE 2021.
- May 2021: Our paper "Benchmarking Automated GUI Testing for Android against Real-world Bugs" was accepted by ESEC/FSE 2021.
- April 2021: Congrats to Jingling Sun, Junxin Li and all co-authors! "Understanding and Finding System Setting-Related Defects in Android Apps" was accepted by ISSTA 2021.
- Feb. 2021: Congrats to Jingling Sun! Her student research competition paper "SetDroid: Detecting User-configurable Setting Issues of Android Apps via Metamorphic Fuzzing" was accepted by ICSE 2021.
- Dec. 2020: I was invited to serve on the PC of ICSE 2022.
See More ...
- Nov. 2020: I was invited to give a talk at Chinasoft 2020 (NASAC-FMAC) on our recent work on fuzzing mobile apps.
- Oct. 2020: I was invited to give a talk of our work on automated functional testing of mobile applications in CNCC 2020, checkout my talk video (in Chinese) !
- Sep. 2020: I received one research grant (sole PI, General Program) from National Natural Science Foundation of China (2021-2024).
- I joined the Program Committee of ICST'21, OOPSLA'20 (AEC), ICSE'20 (SEIP), ICECCS'20, ICST'20 and Internetware'20, welcome your submissions.
- We honorably received a Google Faculty Research Award (2019-2020) to support our work on fuzzing mobile apps (me as the Co-PI, with PI: Prof. Zhendong Su)!
- I received a highly competitive research grant (sole PI) from Swiss NSF's Spark project (2019-2020) on automated fuzzing techniques for mobile applications!
- Gave an invited talk of our ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper "Large-Scale Analysis of Framework-Specific Exceptions in Android Apps" at ISEC 2019, the flagship software engineering conference in India, held in Pune, India.
- Gave an invited talk "Pushing the limits of automated testing for mobile applications" at A-MOBILE 2018, an ASE workshop, held in Montpellier, France.
- We have released the dataset of Android app crashes/exceptions from our large-scale fault study (Our findings, Who used our dataset?).
- We have released Stoat (including all source code), a fully-automatic, guided model-based GUI testing tool for Android apps. Get the quick idea.
- We have released SmartUnit, a commercial automated unit testing tool for embedded systems. Contact us to know more.