TING SU (苏亭)
I am now a postdoctoral research fellow in Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Before that, I got my Ph.D in computer science from East China Normal University (ECNU), Shanghai, China (2011-2016), and was surpervised by Prof. Jifeng He and Prof. Geguang Pu.
I also had one-year memorable visit in University of California, Davis (UCD), USA (2014-2015), and was advised by Prof. Zhendong Su.
Now, I work with Prof. Yang Liu in Cyber Security Lab (CSL), NTU, Singapore (2016-now).
I also worked as an software engineer in Synopsys, and a research scientist in Rolls-Royce@NTU Research Lab (2016-2017).
My research focuses on developing effective methodologies, techniques and tools to improve software quality, reliability and security.
- Mobile App Analysis/Testing/Debugging/Security/Development: ICSE'19 (ReCDroid), ICSE'19 (StoryDroid), ASE'18 (APEChecker), FSE'18 (Ausera), ICSE'18 (Stoat+, Exlocator), ICSE'18 (UI2code), FSE'17 (Stoat), ICSE'16 (FSMdroid)
- Symbolic Execution (Test Data Generation in particular): ICSE'18 (SmartUnit) CSUR'17, SCIS'16, ICSE'15 (CAUT), SERE'14 (CAUT)
motivated/contributed to SmartUnit (a commerical automated unit testing tool)
- Testing Compilers/Program Analyzers: FSE'19 (MCFuzz), ICSE'19 (classming), PLDI'16 (classfuzz)
- Testing Deep Learning: ASE'18 (DeepGauge)
- Formal Verification: APSEC'14, TASE'13, IJCM'13
Fortunately, my research work has received two ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Awards (ICSE 2018, ASE 2018), Best Research Prototype Tool Award (NASAC 2017), and First Place of ACM Student Research Competition (ICSE 2016).
- Gave an invited talk of our ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper "Large-Scale Analysis of Framework-Specific Exceptions in Android Apps" at ISEC 2019, the flagship software engineering conference in India, held in Pune, India.
- Gave an invited talk "Pushing the limits of automated testing for mobile applications" at A-MOBILE 2018, an ASE workshop, held in Montpellier, France.
- We have released the dataset of Android app crashes/exceptions from our large-scale fault study (Our findings, Who used our dataset?).
- We have released Stoat, a fully-automatic, guided model-based GUI testing tool for Android apps. Get the quick idea.
- We have released SmartUnit, a commercial automated unit testing tool for embedded systems. Contact us to know more.