TING SU (苏亭)
I am now a postdoctoral scholar in ETH Zurich, Switzerland in the group of Prof. Zhendong Su. Before that, I got my Ph.D in computer science from East China Normal University (ECNU), Shanghai, China (2011-2016), and was surpervised by Prof. Jifeng He and Prof. Geguang Pu.
I also had one-year memorable visit in University of California, Davis (UCD), USA (2014-2015), and was advised by Prof. Zhendong Su.
I worked as a postdoctoral research fellow with Prof. Yang Liu in Cyber Security Lab (CSL), NTU, Singapore (2016-2019).
I also worked as an software engineer in Synopsys, and a research scientist in Rolls-Royce@NTU Research Lab (2016-2017).
My research focuses on developing effective methodologies, techniques and tools to improve software quality, reliability and security.
- Mobile App Analysis/Testing/Debugging/Security/Development: ICSE'19 (ReCDroid), ICSE'19 (StoryDroid), ASE'18 (APEChecker), FSE'18 (Ausera), ICSE'18 (Stoat+, Exlocator), ICSE'18 (UI2code), FSE'17 (Stoat), ICSE'16 (FSMdroid)
- Symbolic Execution (Test Data Generation in particular): ICSE'18 (SmartUnit) CSUR'17, SCIS'16, ICSE'15 (CAUT), SERE'14 (CAUT)
motivated/contributed to SmartUnit (a commerical automated unit testing tool)
- Testing Compilers/Program Analyzers: FSE'19 (MCFuzz), ICSE'19 (classming), PLDI'16 (classfuzz)
- Testing Deep Learning: ASE'18 (DeepGauge)
- Formal Verification: APSEC'14, TASE'13, IJCM'13
Fortunately, my research work has received 3 ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Awards (ICSE 2018, ASE 2018, ASE 2019), 1 Best Research Prototype Tool Award (NASAC 2017, First Place), and 1 Golden Medal of ACM Student Research Competition (ICSE 2016, First Place).
- I joined the PC of ICSE 2020 (SEIP) and ICST 2020, welcome your submissions.
- Gave an invited talk of our ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper "Large-Scale Analysis of Framework-Specific Exceptions in Android Apps" at ISEC 2019, the flagship software engineering conference in India, held in Pune, India.
- Gave an invited talk "Pushing the limits of automated testing for mobile applications" at A-MOBILE 2018, an ASE workshop, held in Montpellier, France.
- We have released the dataset of Android app crashes/exceptions from our large-scale fault study (Our findings, Who used our dataset?).
- We have released Stoat (including all source code), a fully-automatic, guided model-based GUI testing tool for Android apps. Get the quick idea.
- We have released SmartUnit, a commercial automated unit testing tool for embedded systems. Contact us to know more.