TING SU (苏亭)
I am now a postdoctoral scholar in ETH Zurich, Switzerland in the group of Prof. Zhendong Su. Before that, I got my Ph.D in computer science from East China Normal University (ECNU), Shanghai, China (2011-2016), and was surpervised by Prof. Jifeng He and Prof. Geguang Pu.
I also had one-year memorable visit in University of California, Davis (UCD), USA (2014-2015), and was advised by Prof. Zhendong Su.
I worked as a postdoctoral research fellow with Prof. Yang Liu in Cyber Security Lab (CSL), NTU, Singapore (2016-2019).
I also worked as an software engineer in Synopsys, and a research scientist in Rolls-Royce@NTU Research Lab (2016-2017).
My research focuses on developing effective methodologies, techniques and tools to improve software quality, reliability and security.
- Mobile App Analysis/Testing/Debugging/Security/Development
- Symbolic Execution (Test Data Generation in particular, motivated/contributed to SmartRocket Unit)
- Testing Compilers/Program Analyzers/Deep Learning Systems
- Formal Verification
My research work received generous support from Swiss NSF, Google, NTUitive Gap Fund, and won 3 ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Awards (ICSE 2018, ASE 2018, ASE 2019), 1 Best Research Prototype Tool Award (NASAC 2017, First Place), and 1 Golden Medal of ACM Student Research Competition (ICSE 2016, First Place).
- I will join ECNU as a Professor in Fall 2020.
- I joined the Program Committee of ICST'21, OOPSLA'20 (AEC), ICSE'20 (SEIP), ICECCS'20, ICST'20 and Internetware'20, welcome your submissions.
- We honorably received a Google Faculty Research Award (2019-2020) to support our work on fuzzing mobile apps (me as the Co-PI, with PI: Prof. Zhendong Su)!
- I received a highly competitive research grant (as the sole PI) from Swiss NSF's Spark project (2019-2020) on automated fuzzing techniques for mobile applications!
- Gave an invited talk of our ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper "Large-Scale Analysis of Framework-Specific Exceptions in Android Apps" at ISEC 2019, the flagship software engineering conference in India, held in Pune, India.
- Gave an invited talk "Pushing the limits of automated testing for mobile applications" at A-MOBILE 2018, an ASE workshop, held in Montpellier, France.
- We have released the dataset of Android app crashes/exceptions from our large-scale fault study (Our findings, Who used our dataset?).
- We have released Stoat (including all source code), a fully-automatic, guided model-based GUI testing tool for Android apps. Get the quick idea.
- We have released SmartUnit, a commercial automated unit testing tool for embedded systems. Contact us to know more.